The editors of this website have reached out to all of the candidates that are running for Oakland Township Board positions this summer. We have asked for their opinion on an important issue facing our Township. The issue pertains to the form of governance Oakland Township will possess in the future. Will it be the “Board/Manager” form of governance that we currently have, or will it be the full time “Strong Supervisor” form that current Supervisor Gonser has been proposing since being elected in 2012?
Responses from 11 of the 15 candidates can be seen by going to the top of this page and clicking on the “2016 CANDIDATE OPINIONS” tab. A drop down menu will appear where you can click on, and read, each of the candidate’s positions on this matter. (For hand held devices, click on the ‘MENU’ tab, then the “2016 CANDIDATE OPINIONS” tab will appear.)
You can also view each of their opinions by clicking on their names here:
- Mike Bailey – Current Trustee and Supervisor Candidate
- Jeanne Langlois – Current Treasurer and Treasurer Candidate
- Karen Reilly – Current Clerk and Clerk Candidate
- Dominic Abbate – Trustee Candidate
- Robin Buxar – Current Trustee and Trustee Candidate
- Brian Blust – Trustee Candidate
- Frank Ferriolo – Current Trustee and Trustee Candidate
- John Giannangeli – Current Trustee and Trustee Candidate
- Jeaneane Landers – Trustee Candidate (updated position provided June 26)
- Robert Ricketts – Trustee Candidate who has withdrawn from race
- Andy Zale – Supervisor Candidate (provided on June 22)
We have not received opinions from four candidates after repeated attempts (two emails and one phone conversation with each of the candidates who had not provided their opinion). This post is being published on the day each of them was informed the information would be posted. (Andy Zale’s response came in two weeks after the deadline.)
We have not received responses from:
- Terry Gonser – Supervisor Candidate
- Judy Workings – Clerk Candidate
- Jayson Corey – Trustee Candidate
- Lana Mangiapane – Trustee Candidate
Please consider the positions of the candidates on this issue when you vote on August 2, 2016. Also, please share this information with friends and relatives in our community. So far, this is the only forum where candidate opinions on issues have been shared.
NOTE: If you have another issue that you would like to obtain each candidate’s opinion on, please make that request by adding a comment at the bottom of this page. We will try to get responses from the candidates on the issue you raised.