First of all we hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable summer. There have not been many posts on the website this summer, other than the results of the primary elections in August. However, Township business is picking up.
There are a number of controversial items on Tuesday’s (September 13) Township Board meeting. The topics that will probably receive the most discussion at the meeting include:
- A developer’s request to extend an expiring sewer tap pay back program
- A Pulte request to approve a Preliminary Site Condominium request for 57 units on the northeast corner of Adams and Gunn Road (across from Delta Kelly School)
- 2016 Millage levy setting
- Hunting in Oakland Township
As always, resident input on topics may influence the decisions the Board makes.
If you have opinions on these matters, please either attend the meeting, or send an email to the Township Board with your thoughts on these topics.
Here is a copy of the agenda for the meeting:
You can go to the Township’s official website http://www.oaklandtownship.org to read additional documentation on these agenda items:
- Click on ‘Township Documents’ at bottom of page
- Click on ‘Misc Documents’ on left side of page under Public Documents
- Click on ‘BOT Packet Sept 13, 2016 part 1‘ & ‘2’ – scroll down to the topics of interest
Why is this important to the citizens of Oakland Township? These agenda items not only will have a financial impact on all of us and the Township, they will also have a long term impact on the character of our community.
The balance between the wishes of current residents of Oakland Township and property owners who want to develop their land is maintained by the State and Local laws and ordinances. The developers often want to ‘push the envelope‘ or ‘work the boundaries’ of the ordinances to their advantage. Having a well informed community support their elected leaders ensure the ordinances to the full intent of the law is essential in protecting our community. Your participation will help them do that.