Here is a summary of the major items discussed at the Oakland Township Board meetings since the end of November, 2016. A summary of the February 14, 2017 meeting will be sent out separately.
December 13, 2016
- Board denied request by the Rochester Cider Mill for a special land use that would allow the production and sale of wine/hard cider on property.
- The following appointments were made:
- Joseph Peruzzi to the Planning Commission
- George Platz to the Planning Commission
- John Bovine to the Zoning Board of Appeals
- Judy Workings to the Board of Review
- John Casadei to the Board of Review
- Alice Tombulian as the citizen rep on the Safety Path and Trails Committee
- The following Board member subcommittee appointments were made:
- Paint Creek Trails Committee – Frank Ferriolo/Buxar (alternate)
- Planning Commission – John Giannangeli
- Safety Path and Trails – Jeanne Langlois
- OPC – Michael Bailey
- SEMCOG Delegate – Michael Bailey/ Dale Stuart (alternate)
- Board approved $23,918 as part of the Community Development Block Grant to Battered and Abused Spouse, Transportation Services, and Mobile Home Repair program.
- The Board approved the Parks and Recreation Commission recommendations for their representative to various Committees.
- Paint Creek Trails Committee – Hank VanAgen / Martha Olijnyk (alternate)
- Cranberry Lake Improvement Committee – Cathy Rooney
- Safety Path and Trails Committee – Craig Blust
- Board approved $6,000 for installation of a fence, or guard rail, for the Paint Creek Cider Mill deck.
- It was announced that Oakland Township was awarded a $2.2 million dollar Michigan natural resource grant to purchase some property as well as $300,000 for a bridge replacement project.
January 10, 2017
- The following appointment was made:
- Ron Hein to the Safety Path and Trails Committee
- There was a discussion regarding Board member stipend compensation.
January 24, 2017
- It was announced that the Michigan Historic Preservation office nominated the Paint Creek Cider Mill to receive a historic marker.
- Board and other committee compensation discussion occurred. A motion was made to increase the compensation, but it was withdrawn. Further analysis and discussion will occur in the future.