Attached is information on an Oakland Township resident who is running for a Parks and Recreation position in the August 2nd primary election. After the last election, one of the elected Commissioners resigned. The Township Board filled the seat by appointing an individual. The rules require that the seat be filled with an elected individual at the next available election. For that reason, there is only one Commissioner position on the ballot this time. Please consider MATT PEKLO when you vote on August 2nd. His qualifications are listed below. You can also go to his website for more information on his priorities.
VOTE AUGUST 2ND IN THE REPUBLICAN PROMARY
MATT PEKLO for Parks and Recreation Commissioner
· 30-year-old lifelong Oakland Township resident dedicated to protecting our natural areas from development while managing money wisely.
· Graduated with degrees in Natural Resources Management and Economics
· Worked 3 summers during college as a stewardship technician in Oakland Township Parks and knows our parks extremely well
· Currently working in the energy industry helping homeowners save money and reduce carbon emissions
· Committed to seeking easier, more effective community input about our parks from all township residents
· Married and owns a home between two of our parks.
· Dedicated to family-friendly parks where children can learn and explore nature at its healthiest and best!
· Strongly endorsed by Colleen Barkham, Paul Tomboulian, Joe Peruzzi and Trevor Barkham – names you’ve come to trust in relation to the welfare of our parks!
Learn more and Donate at www.pekloforparks.com