Two groups of Township employees have sought Union protection from our leadership. They have never needed this before.
SInce our newly elected Board has taken office, there has been an exodus of talented staff members. Also two group’s of employees have decided to join a union. Here are the facts:
- Our Fire Chief, who established the Oakland Township Fire Department has resigned.
- Our Township Superintendent has indicated he will be leaving at end of the year, if not sooner.
- The Township Board’s recording Secretary has quit.
Probably the most telling actions are:
- The Township Firefighters have joined a union
- The Township office workers are in the process of joining a union
People join unions because they feel they need protection from those “in charge”. It did not take long for the two employee groups to decide to join a union once the new Board took office.
Why should you be concerned? The citizens of Oakland Township will incur added legal fees over time as a result of the employees joining unions.
Yes, when a new administration comes into office, changes are expected, but why are people leaving and others joining a Union?
Is it because of how they have been treated by our new leadership?